Royal Victoria Court is a brownfield area that was the former Whiteheads steelworks site in Newport. The steelworks started its life in the 1920’s, but was closed in 2005 for demolition as part of the city’s ongoing development. For almost 100 years the building employed generations of local families and, at its height, more than 2000 people worked here.
Royal Victoria Court is within walking distance of Newport City Centre (with its University, new Friars Walk Development, pubs, cafes, cinemas and theatres); it also benefits from close proximity to some out of town shops (including food superstores).
The M4 is a short drive from the site (15 minutes drive to Cardiff, 30 minutes to Bristol); whilst the main London-Swansea line serves the Newport Train Station (Newport to London currently served by 2 trains per hour, and a travel time of 90 minutes; Bristol Parkway 20 minutes).
Nearby there is a pharmacy, leisure centre, and The Royal Gwent Hospital. The Welsh National Velodrome is located a short distance away at the Newport International Sports Village.